Are you drowning in data, but not using it to make better decisions?
Do you run a small business and want to use your data to inform your strategy?
Has your business migrated from Excel to Google Sheets, and you’re looking to further your skills?
Learn how to use Google Sheets to make data-driven decisions.
Ben Collins – Data Analysis with Google Sheets
Data Analysis with Google Sheets – Ben Collins
This course will set you up to:
- Understand and describe what your data tells you
- Predict what things might look like in the future
- Understand your customers to better serve them
- Discover what factors affect your business
- Best practices for doing all of this…
- …and much, much more!
Use your data instead of “gut” feel to put your business on the right path.
Each lesson is taught through bite-sized, action-oriented 5 – 10 minute-long videos, covering practical techniques you can apply to your own business.
Working with real-world examples, including example datasets from industries like sales, marketing, real-estate and social media, you’ll learn how to make the most of your business data today.
Here are the details for every module you get in this class:
Module 1: Introduction
- What is data analysis
- A framework for approaching data analysis problems
- Best practices in Google Sheets
- Glossary of Data Terms
- Guide to the most useful keyboard shortcuts in Google Sheets, for Macs, PCs and Chromebooks
Module 2: Describing your data — Learn to:
- Do exploratory data analysis
- Determine the key measures of a dataset
- Present these findings to colleagues
Module 3: How Different is Your Data (Hypothesis Testing) — Learn to:
- Test, test, test!
- Formulate and test hypotheses about your data…
…so that you can confidently talk about your data (and know what you’re saying is statistically significant)
- Run a number of different statistical tests so you can move beyond the “gut feel” approach to data
Module 4: Discovering Relationships in your data — Learn to:
- Determine if two variables are correlated
- Calculate a variety of correlation metrics
- Avoid a variety of common mistakes
Module 5: Predicting Values from your existing data (Regression) — Learn to:
- Build models using regression so that you can make predictions based on your existing data
- Test your models so you’ll know if they’re any good
- Build a spreadsheet interface running your regression model in the background
Module 6: Time Series Analysis — Learn to:
- Use a variety of ways to smooth your time series data to understand underlying trends
- Use the SOLVER add-on to optimize models
- Test your models to choose the most appropriate one
Module 7: Understanding Customers — Learn To:
- Calculate customer lifetime value and find your most valuable cohorts
- Calculate your churn and retention rates to identify where customers drop off
- Draw retention curves to present results to your colleagues/bosses/clients