Welcome to Build Dashboards With Google Sheets
Today I create online courses and write about working with data, with a particular focus on how-to articles for learning data analytics and building dashboards, using Google Sheets, Apps Script and Data Studio.
Since mid-2015, I’ve been working as a freelance spreadsheet developer, data consultant and instructor.
I’ve taught data analysis and visualization courses and workshops at General Assembly’s Washington, D.C., campus and privately for clients.
What are dashboards?
Dashboards are high-level summaries of your organization’s data, displayed side-by-side in a single page to highlight the key metrics and trends at a glance. They’ll help you:
- Quickly understand the pulse of your business
- Visually summarize key metrics for stakeholders who don’t have time to review the data
- See new insights with your data side-by-side
- Explore the data with interactive features
- Speed up and automate your reporting pipeline
Here’s how you might use dashboards:
- Show growth of your website or clients’ websites, by tracking traffic and social media metrics over time.
- Understand your business better by collecting and analyzing user data in real-time.
- Compare sales data across different time periods, sales channels or geographic regions to get deeper insights into your opportunities.
- Measure student attendance and performance to easily see where to allocate resources.
- Track and visualize financial data to uncover high- and low-performing areas of your company, so you can make adjustments going forward.
Enroll now to get:
✅ Actionable, bite-size video lessons that walk you step-by-step through techniques
✅ Access to all the raw data files
✅ Copies of the finished dashboard templates, which you can copy as many times as you like
✅ Access to the private course Facebook group for Q&A
✅ Certificate upon completion
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who works with data in Google Sheets.
- Someone who is curious to learn more about Google Sheets and dashboards.
- Maybe you’re a data analyst, a technical marketer, an educator, a scientist or someone in between.
- Anyone who wants to add new a skill, building dashboards, that will help you advance your career.
What are the prerequisites?
- A Google account.
- Access to Google Sheets.
- Basic familiarity with Google Sheets and spreadsheets, although the first couple of dashboards are set up so that everyone should be able to follow along.
- Access to a Google Analytics account to get the most out of the Digital Marketing dashboard lectures.